Кафедра Математичного Моделювання Економічних Систем
The Department of Mathematical Modeling for
Mathematical Modeling of Economic Systems Department
The MMES department was founded in 1991 to train specialists in economical cybernetics - analysts that are able to create mathematical computer models of economic systems, analyze them and provide practical guidance concerning the improvement of economic development.
The postgraduates education was opened in 2003 in the MMES department to train specialists and masters, based on engineering and humanitarian education, and since 2004 - to train specialists in economical cybernetics without discontinuing work.
Students of the department are able to take three degrees:
• During the first and second year of educational term our students study advanced mathematics and informatics and get introductionary knowledge of economic sciences together with students of other courses
• During the rest of the educational term students get advanced knowledge of economics, modeling and IT. Here microeconomics, macroeconomics and finance are analyzed with the use of mathematical techniques, methods, models and also the most up-to-date world achievements, approaching the Post Graduate Study in the higher school of Management of Massachusetts Technological University (USA).
All courses are compounded into three series:
• Basic mathematical and economical subjects - the supervisor of studies is professor V.O. Kapustjan
• IT subjects - the supervisor of studies is associate professor L.U. Gal’chinskij
• Advanced economical and mathematical subjects - the supervisor of studies is professor V.I. Ivanenko.
The "Economical cybernetics" course combines fundamental economical education and advanced knowledge of computer technologies. A specialist of this profession is able to construct informational models of economic systems, analyze the behavior of these models in relation to the influence of different factors and develop an optimal control strategy for these systems.
Graduates of this course, according to the state standards, are able to take up following positions:
• Economical analyst, informational analyst, system analyst, financial analyst
• Analyst of computer communications, computer systems and data banks
• Developer of informational systems
• Applied programmer, programmer-analyst, application developer
• Web-master, Web-programmer
• Automated production control systems engineer
• Economical consultant
• Informational manager and others
The Department supports connections with many universities of Ukraine, Russia, USA, Canada, Germany, France, Spain and Georgia.